The E. J. Herrmann Scholarships
We are now accepting applications for the 2018-2019 E. J. Herrmann Scholarships. For 2018-2019, the Herrmann family may award up to $1500 in scholarship money in memory of Mr. E. J. Herrmann to select student-athletes who meet the following criteria:
Student-athletes should meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must have participated in a Varsity Race in the E. J. Herrmann Invitational.
- Applicants must be high school seniors.
- Applicants must be good school citizens in good academic and disciplinary standing.
- Applicants must be involved in performing community service for a non-profit agency.
- Applicants must be "full time" distance runners. They must have competed in Cross-Country, and Indoor Track (at distances of 800m or greater), and Outdoor Track (at distances of 800m or greater). If your school does not offer Indoor Track, runners are eligible for a Herrmann Scholarship provided they meet the other criteria.
- Applicants must submit letters of recommendation from his/her running coach, and a teacher, and a guidance counselor or school administrator.
To apply, complete the E.J. Herrmann Scholarship Application and return it postmarked no later than March 31, 2019.
The East Utica Optimist Club will announce the recipients of the 2018-2019 scholarships by May 1, 2019. Scholarship recipients will be invited to attend the May 2019 meeting of the East Utica Optimist Club where they will receive their award.
For additional information, e-mail or write to:
Mr. Dan Amado
563 Brown Rd
Frankfort NY 13340